Movie Review of "The King's Speech"

Rationale:
I choose to write a critique on “The King’s Speech” by Tom Hooper which won an Oscar last 2011. I always heard about this movie many times but I didn’t know how the story goes. All I know was the king lacked the confidence to speak. That’s why I watch it twice since I downloaded it.“The King’s Speech” inspires me to be more confident in public speaking. This movie relates to my course as it deals with speaking in mass media: training, overcoming foibles, and gaining self-confidence. I write my insights on the movie. The movie was great however; I included negative opinions but mostly positive ones. I accessed Google for the information on the movie.This is an informative and persuasive movie review for readers who want to know more what “The King’s Speech” is all about.

The King’s Speech Rules 2011 Oscars



“The King’s Speech” was released in 2010 in the United Kingdom. Running time is 111 minutes. It was directed by Mr. Tom Hooper. The movie won the top awards at the 2011 Academy Awards.

Tom Hooper was awarded with Best Achievement in Directing. Producers Iain Canning , Emile Sherman, Gareth Unwin won for Best Motion Picture of the Year. For Best Achievement in Art Direction, Judy Farr (the set decorator) and Eve Stewart (the production designer) succeeded. David Seidler was granted Best Writing, Original Screenplay. Colin Firth bagged the Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role.

I watched “The King's Speech” last week after downloading it on torrent. I thought this movie was going to be quiet boring when the movie started. I was proven wrong! I loved this movie as Geoffrey Rush and Colin Firth acted so well!

The screenplay had perfect execution. The characters are emotional. The story is interesting and enjoyable. In fact it made me laugh and cry. The viewers will relate with the Duke’s feeling of helplessness and they will feel inspired by his momentous struggle. The dialogues have humor and rhetorics. “The King's Speech” is real and interesting as it portrays the life of the British family in that era.

Tom Hooper’s direction was very good. He unites the foibles and struggles of the Duke. He also pays attention to every small detail. The flow of the film is organized and although the end is predictable, his process of how we get there is remarkable. The scenery is related to the story. The way they made their cinematography was appropriate for the time period of the film. The editing of the story timeline was quiet good.

Mrigank Dhaniwala, a well known reviewer, states that in pre-World War II Britain; The Duke of York was poised to become the King since his brother, King Edward VIII, abdicates the throne. But the Duke can’t make public broadcasts as he stammers. He hired a doctor to help him with the stammer. The King’s Speech is a drama based on the true story of King George VI.

A great movie for all which teaches humility, accepting help even when you are reluctant, the importance one person can make in someone’s life, creativity, and redemption. It is a winning drama fit for a king and for the rest of us.

Those who truly appreciate the movie are those who are classy and intellectual because the movie would definitely bore a common average individual.

All in all, The King’s Speech is an excellent movie created by Bedlam Production. I almost imagine King George VI solving his struggles with speech during his time.

The movie made a big impact on me as a history lover. I love watching it over again because it never fails to offer lessons in life. Like what I realized you have to have faith and commitment in whatever you do, and not to be afraid to ask for help even if you think you don’t need it. The King’s Speech deserves all the awards it has.

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

How to Make Pinakbet Ilocano Style

A Secret NBSB Love Poem